Union of Training Institutions (UTI) was established in 2016. The sole purpose of the union is to foresee the success of its currently owned institutions; Morogoro School of Journalism (MSJ), Dar es Salaam School of Journalism (DSJ), Royal College of Tanzania (RCT), Tanga Elite Teachers College (TETCO), Leadership Institute of Tanzania (LITa) and any other learning institutions that will be established under the umbrella of those institutions.
All mentioned institutions were established to deliver skill-based education. Journalism and Mass Communication is the main training that has been provided by 3 institution (MSJ, DSJ and RCT). Among other course are: Social Work with Community Development; Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising; Audio, Video and Film Production; Law and Judicial administration; Leadership skills etc. The courses are conducted in different levels; Basic Certificate, Diploma Certificate, and capacity building for employees.
Objectives of UTI
The general objective of UTI is to establish a union for sister institutions for the purpose of foreseeing the success of MSJ, DSJ, RCT, TETCO, LITa and any other learning institutions that will be established under the umbrella of those institutions. In addition, there are other specific objectives not limited by the following objectives:
- To pull together resources for proper resource allocation and utilization;
- To increase the efficiency of delivering the skill-based knowledge; and ensure that apart from gaining its income through tuition fees as collected from students, the colleges finds other means of income generation (resource mobilization);
- To balance manpower resources and staff welfare within and between the members of the Union.
- Construction of training premises that are owned by the colleges;
- To ensure that all partner members comply with academic standards as required by the regulatory authorities;
- To be in charge of ensuring staff and institutional welfare are maintained and/or improved;
- To solicit loans, credits and grants on behalf of all partners;
- To ensure that partnership owns all estates and facilities that are currently utilized by every partner; and
- To conduct any other business as may be agreed amongst the partners.